Friday, May 12, 2006

Health and Safety Inspection Day

I ask you… what is the point of these? When I am not ranting I have a job and yesterday was the day of our “Health and Safety” inspection. Or let’s put this another way:

“An inspection to waste the time and money of everyone using our service whilst giving an otherwise unemployed busybody £25,000 of tax payers’ money.” – I think that sums it up.

I sat their while this inspector pointed out that my milk should be in the fridge where it wouldn’t go off, did I really need the curtains as they can gather dust? Was I aware that there was a pile of files behind me? Have I had the angle I sit at risk assessed recently?

Ironically the one thing in the office I have injured myself on, the window, was totally overlooked. Totally.

So now that this inspection is complete I should feel healthier and safer, after all that was the object, but I don’t. She didn’t advise me to quit smoking, offered me no dietary advice, didn’t tell me to work less and play more and did nothing for stress. I still face the same threat from international terrorism, I could get run over, I can still be bullied in the work place, what did this achieve?

- If I have concerns about my health I’ll see a doctor
- If I have concerns about my safety I’ll call the police.

If I have £25K of taxpayers money I want to waste I’ll call a Health and Safety Inspector.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home