Thursday, May 18, 2006

One Reason Why I Am Happy For Big Brother to Be Watching All of Us

... because none of us would then be watching Big Brother.

Big Brother starts tonight... I'm going to retreat into a nuclear bunker. I'd like to raise a few things here about the Big Brother phenomenon...

1. If I to see nothing happening on my TV I will turn it off.
2. If I wanted 10 weeks of contstant coverage of people who are not remotely important I would watch QVC, I might at least come away with something useful.

I hate this time of year, I hate everything about this show. I hate the press coverage meaning I can't avoid it even if I destroy my TV in a black magic ritual. I hate Davina yelling over the microphone. I hate the constant discussions about it amongst the girls in the office (the blokes never seem to bother with it).

WHY OH WHY ARE WE SUBJECTED TO THIS INFANTILE BOLLOCKS?

I feel nothing but contempt for the star struck morons who appear in this. I could understand them being placed in a secure building with cameras following their every move but just not in this way.

The only person I admire in this set up is the poor Geordie bloke who has to try and find something interesting happening to give his commentary a listener of two. You get lines like:

"Day 42 in the Big Brother house and an argument has broken out about some cheese"

Save me....

2 Comments:

Blogger Prodicus said...

Just caught up with this. ('Save me.') PLEASE stop making me choke on my fag smoke. Nah - don't. Not enough good ranters in the world.

1:23 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just caughtup too. Sidekick(still won't tell me if she is)ToryB Was off visiting chief broomrider-in-law and came back to witter about Big Brother.

'Haven't watched it. Am not interested.'

It worked. And the next time when a neighbour found another topic other than weather. And again, and again,....

Bliss. Just thinking of it makes me reach for the B&H.

Keep ranting.

STB

7:44 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home