Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Be Disrespectful If You Must But....

I appreciate people being polite and respectful towards me. I’m sure everyone reading this fine tome of my thoughts would appreciate similar treatment in their direction. Do we? Good.

Could I please ask then that if you are planning to be disrespectful to me, or rude or arrogant that you have the courage to at least be so. Over the course of the weekend I often had to listen to peoples’ responses to my thoughts and erstwhile opinions and I was happy to do this until I hear that fateful opening to a sentence….

… “I don’t mean to be disrespectful….”

Of course you mean to be disrespectful. At least be up front about it. Every time I hear that phrase I just know I’m about to be disrespected.


I listened patiently while the lady in question finished what she had to say and stared blankly into the air. When she prompted me for a response I replied, and I’m sure you’ll all back me up here “Sorry I was waiting for the part where you didn’t mean to be disrespectful”. This did not go down well.

The next time this occurs I think my response will be “I don’t mean to punch you in the face but….” WHACK!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home