Monday, October 09, 2006

Advertising #1

I am a capitalist as you may well know and I’m not one of these people who resents the presence of advertising on TV to help make ends meet. However I have to take issue with the latest round of adverts for Andrex.

Now what’s wrong with Andrex? you might say, it has a good product and a cute puppy, everything the adman needs to increase sales. Well no…

Currently Andrex are attempting to increase sales, hence the adverts, and the latest marketing idea that have had to get us all rushing out to the supermarket is the placing of embossed puppies on the paper.

What the hell were their marketing department thinking?

Just what part of their market research pointed to their target demographic wanting to shove puppies up their arses?

I’m sure I speak for a great many Guttersnipes when I say I have never wished to clean my ringpiece with a small dog, and were I to do so Labrador would not be my choice. I’m sure none of us have been sat on the porcelain throne, have put down the Times crossword and thought “I’d use more of that stuff if they put dogs on it”.

These people earn more than most of us…. Think about that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home