Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Sarah Kennedy

Being over 30 years old your good Guttersnipe here has ‘put away childish things’ like Radio 1 and fashionable clothing and opted for a more sedate lifestyle as the years cycle on.

On the morning of my 30th birthday I awoke brisk and early and thought “I need Wogan and slippers now”. I became a fully paid up member of the Radio 2 listeners and a Tog in my very own right. Now getting up too early is something I really try to avoid doing as Lady Guttersnipe will testify but today was one of those days and what do I have to entertain me on the way to work before 7.30am? Sarah fecking Kennedy…

There are many good cases against the licence fee and the ‘unique way the BBC is funded’ but I have to say Sarah Kennedy remains the finest case for the abandonment of the BBC.

Cast your minds back 3 years or so… lots of good quality British chaps were invading Iraq. Now like it or loathe it, it was important and both the BBC and Sky News were running rolling reports on it, the office gossip was all concerning it, I myself stayed up late to watch the fireworks in Baghdad. The world was changing.

However all the conflict and catastrophe was paled into insignificance when Sarah Kennedy popped onto the radio to complain that the builders had used the wrong tiles in her bathroom.


Yes Guttersnipes she had a bathroom crisis…

This woman talks more boring irrelevant bollocks than the complete works of Alan Bennett and Dylan Thomas in one Audio CD collection. Jesus Christ woman get a life!

Thank god I’ll never be invited to any of her dinner parties.

Early morning radio is for the majority going to be listened to by long distance drivers… I wonder how many early morning fatalities are caused by this woman putting drivers to sleep at the wheel, the consequences to both humanity and our economy must be staggering.

My early morning torpor continues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home